Carat SA together with Carat Asia Pacific won three Tangram Awards @ Spikes Asia
Carat South Africa, in collaboration with Carat Asia Pacific Singapore, won three awards at the Tangrams @Spikes Asia Festival, for their Opel Adam on Tinder campaign.
The team was challenged to build sales of Adam through making an emotional connection and thereby gaining market share. Opel Adam is a cute, quirky, highly customisable, super mini that is designed to appeal to a young primarily female customer. These women are more interested in their careers, social life and the opposite sex than new cars. Using CCS data, reporting that 44 % of women use dating websites on a weekly basis, Carat SA and Carat Asia Pacific saw the opportunity to marry the data and dating, through the use of the popular dating site Tinder. The results were phenomenal, with Adam sales increasing by 65% during the campaign. Adam outsold MINI and FIAT 500 in February (Read full case study here).
Carat was shortlisted in four categories of which they brought home the following three awards:
- Tangrams Media Strategy: Cars & Automotive Services - Silver
- Tangrams Digital Strategy: Cars & Automotive Services - Bronze
- Tangrams Digital Strategy: Digital Innovation – Bronze
The Tangrams Effectiveness @ Spikes are Asia Pacific’s foremost awards, honouring clients and their agencies for marketing strategies through delivering results that transform businesses and brands. The entries are evaluated by a panel of top client and agency professionals against stringent criteria. Spikes Asia, is the leading creativity festival in Asia and is the region’s most prestigious awards for creative communications.
When asked about her teams’ success Celia Collins, Managing Director for Carat Johannesburg said, “We are delighted to win such an award with our Singapore office, it shows true collaboration and integration.”
Dentsu Aegis Network's press office
- So you're graduating. Congratulations! But, now what? 16 Nov 2017
- Designing for voice 14 Nov 2017
- So Gen Z is moving into the workplace - What now? 10 Oct 2017
- Carat SA together with Carat Asia Pacific won three Tangram Awards @ Spikes Asia 4 Oct 2017
- Beware - location-based advertising is already in Kenya 3 Oct 2017