YouTube Channel Manager
|Location:||Johannesburg, Randburg, Blairgowrie|
|Company:||DStv Digital Media|
It’s an exciting time to work at DStv Digital Media. Short format video is becoming everyone’s preferred medium of communication, and with that, we need to make sure we’re part of every conversation. That’s where you come in.
We’re looking for a YouTube channel manager to work with the production team on developing our content strategy, to grow our audience, to optimise video publishing, to syndicate content and work with partners to boost channel visibility.
This is a long-term career opportunity for someone who’s successfully launched and run a YouTube channel, and who’s eager to take on the challenge again.
- Coordinate with the video team on development and production of YouTube-specific videos for curation on the channel.
- Collaborate with content owners from brands like M-Net and Mzansi Magic, and the head of video to explore where original programming can be expanded.
- Work with the analytics team to generate reports. Use insights to drive decisions.
- Manage the channel’s reach, building subscribers, driving up views and engagement to meet targets.
- Syndicate and seed content to 3rd party publishers. Create and manage these relationships as well as building them within the YouTube community.
- Optimise the content in keeping with the channel's house style.
- Handle and create opportunities for ad hoc live streams on YouTube.
- Take measures to keep people from pirating owned content.
- Work with sales team to develop and implement revenue generation opportunities.
- Manage the relationship with YouTube.
- YouTube channel management experience. Similar experience with a relevant social platform such as Facebook or Twitter would be good.
- Insight into and curiosity about what makes editorial and viral videos work.
- Willingness to take risks and push boundaries with content publishing. As well as an analytical approach to the results.
- Ability to spot trends and exploit opportunities.
- In-depth understanding of digital platforms, and their evolving relationship with established broadcast media.
- Creative and agile approach.
- Basic understanding of post-production, including offline and online editing, graphics, and audio.
- Proven success launching and maintaining a high-performance YouTube channel.
- In lieu of YouTube channel management experience, extensive digital audience development experience, with a minimum of 4-years building audience for online content through social media and digital marketing.
- A solid understanding of what works on YouTube and why.
MultiChoice is the leading Video Entertainment business on the continent, and DStv Digital Media is responsible for much of the innovation within the digital broadcast environment. This makes for an exhilarating environment with unlimited potential for growth.
Posted on 17 Jul 13:54
See also: Manager, Sales Consultant, Store Manager, Account Manager, Project Manager, Sales Agent, Sales Executive, Sales Representative, Assistant Manager, Marketing