|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
A renowned investment firm invites a SQL developer with at least five years’ experience to join their institutional IT division. The ideal candidate must possess an analytical degree or diploma (eg. ComSci, BBusSci or Bcom with IS/Actuarial, BSc (English, Maths) or similar, have exceptions skills in SQL including stored procedures, UDFs and T-SQL Querying. Knowledge of financial concepts and experience interacting with users is required. Please note this is an employment equity position.
- Responsible for developing and supporting integration and reporting solutions for institutional business.
- Work as part of a larger IT team using Scrum methodology.
- Interact with business users, business analysts, test analysts and other developers to understand user requirements.
- Write technical specifications where required.
- Develop integration solutions using SQL and other vendor integration tools (Markit).
- Develop reporting solutions; write SQL stored procedures to manipulate the data supplied by the source system and prepare it for reporting.
- Design and create SSRS report definitions to present the data.
- Assist with the migration of existing Crystal reports onto SSRS reports.
- Optimise SQL queries to improve performance.
- Develop according to the firm’s quality and coding standards.
- Provide second line support for any production support issues.
- Support existing integration solutions in the production environment by analysing problems reported by users and track down their cause through debugging techniques and discussion with other team members.
- Testing and deployment of new development.
Qualifications and experience
- Analytical degree or diploma (ComSci, BBusSci or Bcom with IS/Actuarial, BSc (English, Maths) or similar.
- Knowledge of financial concepts and terms and interested in attending courses to improve business knowledge.
- Experience interacting with business users to understand their requirements and manage the implementation of system changes.
- Exceptional skills in writing SQL for Microsoft SQL server, including stored procedures, UDF’s and other T-SQL Querying.
- Able to analyse data and perform complex data manipulation using Microsoft SQL.
- An understanding of relational database structures.
- Financial services industry experience.
- A positive, can-do attitude and willing to learn and persevere.
- Attention to detail and quality.
- Willing to take initiative and be accountable.
- Able to meet deadlines and deal with pressure.
- Able to work effectively as part of a diverse team and cross-train with team members.
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills.
- Good communication.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. Only SA citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please email a Word copy of your CV to and mention the reference numbers of the jobs. We have a list of jobs on http://www.datafin.com. Datafin IT Recruitment - Cape Town Jobs.
Posted on 12 Oct 08:39
Apply by email
Or apply with your Biz CV
Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.
See also: Software Developer, Java Developer, Developer, Web Developer, PHP Developer, C# Developer, Front End Developer, Front-End Developer, Android Developer, C#.Net Developer
DataFin was established in 1999. We pride ourselves on the fact that we have established relationships with industry leaders and a vast majority of our business is repeat business.
|Recent jobs by Datafin||City||Date posted|
|Software Tester/Technical Writer||Cape Town||19 Oct 09:06|
|Equity Analyst||Cape Town||19 Oct 08:08|
|Mid Front-End Developer||Cape Town||19 Oct 08:06|
|Software Tester||Cape Town||19 Oct 08:05|
|MS Cloud Engineer - Messaging||Cape Town||19 Oct 08:04|
|MS Cloud Engineer - Azure/Office 365||Cape Town||19 Oct 08:03|
|Software Engineer - OutSystems/C#||Pretoria||17 Oct 14:46|
|Junior C# Developer||Johannesburg||17 Oct 14:16|
|Junior-Mid Python Developer||Cape Town||17 Oct 10:25|
|Cloud Team Lead||Cape Town||17 Oct 10:24|
Get job alerts for Developer jobs
- Mid Front-End Developer, Cape Town, Woodstock, Datafin
- Systems Developer - Marketing Research, Cape Town, CBD, LayerCake recruitment
- Senior Java Developers, Cape Town, e-Merge IT Recruitment
- Senior Front-End Developer, Cape Town, CBD, Liquorice
- Web Developer, Cape Town, Pro Found
- Junior-Mid Python Developer, Cape Town, Datafin
- Senior Analytics Insights Developer, Cape Town, AKA Recruitment International
- Intermediate - Senior Front End Developer, Cape Town, Datafin
- Junior C#.Net Developer, Cape Town, Datafin
- Junior Analytics Insights Developer, Cape Town, AKA Recruitment International
- Intermediate Web Developer, Cape Town, AKA Recruitment International
- Senior Android Developer, Cape Town, Recruit Digital
- Web App Developer, Cape Town, Recruit Digital
- Junior Web Application Developer - C#, Cape Town, Datafin
- Intermediate C#.Net Developer, Cape Town, Datafin
- Senior PHP Developer, Cape Town, Datafin
- Senior Java Developer, Cape Town, Datafin
- Front End Developer, Cape Town, Woodstock, Recruit Digital
- Junior Web Developer, Observatory, Recruit Digital
- PHP Developer, Cape Town, Datafin
- Web Developer - Java, Cape Town, Datafin
- Scala Developer, Cape Town, Datafin
- Junior-Mid C#.Net Developer, Cape Town, Datafin
- Web Developer/Systems Developer at Safari Company, Cape Town, Century City, Reed Recruitment
- Senior Developer – C#, Cape Town, Southern Suburbs, e-Merge IT Recruitment
- Senior Mobile Developer, Cape Town, Datafin
- Intermediate C#.Net Full Stack Developer, Century City, Datafin
- Web Developer, Cape Town, Muizenberg, West Coast Personnel