Mid-Level Data Scientist
|Remuneration:||R30000 - R40000 per month Basic salary|
Worldwide leading market research entity is looking for a motivated data scientist to join their team.
Reporting directly to our global head of data science, the role is vital to the business delivering actionable insights to our clients. Working with real time social media data to deliver sentiment analysis.
- Develop applications for data exploration
- Developing tools to rapidly process and analyse data streams to parse several disparate data providers and formats automatically for automated reporting and story identification
- Conducting quantitative analysis and research
- Build topic models to make sense of and segment large volumes of unstructured data
- Build spam classification models to detect irrelevant and fake social media data
- Build classification models to flag data relevant to brand attributes and strategy
- Build graph models for community and influencer detection
- Research of new algorithms, technologies, papers and developments related to data science.
- One to four years' experience in a data-orientated industry, ideally software engineering or DevOps
- Bcom or BSc, (computer sciences, information systems or statistics preferred) from a leading university.
- Numerically and analytically minded
- Strong communication and organisational skills in order to prioritise and work towards deadlines
- Python (experience essential)
- Competence in SQL or other database software
- REST API
- Interest in and experience with machine learning concepts and algorithms
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Experience with Cloud Infrastructure
Posted on 11 Aug 09:04
Recruit Digital; leading recruitment agency for the Digital, Media, IT & Advertising sectors in South Africa.
Covering both Cape Town and JHB roles, Recruit Digital provides staff for Media firms, Digital Agencies, Corporates, Startups, E-commerce retailers, and all other Internet related businesses.
Recruit Digital fills vacancies within Client Services, Creative & Design, Development & Technology, Sales, Copy-writing, Social Media, SEO, Planning & Strategy, Marketing, Senior Management & Executive positions.
|Recent jobs by Recruit Digital||City||Date posted|
|Web Designer||Cape Town||18 Aug 10:05|
|Digital Designer||Johannesburg||18 Aug 10:00|
|Junior Digital Designer||Johannesburg||18 Aug 09:58|
|Middle-Weight Digital Designer||Johannesburg||18 Aug 09:56|
|Digital Designer||Cape Town||18 Aug 09:15|
|Senior UI Designer||Cape Town||18 Aug 09:14|
|Digital Campaign Designer||Cape Town||18 Aug 09:13|
|UI Designer||Cape Town||18 Aug 09:08|
|Senior Digital Designer||Cape Town||18 Aug 09:07|
|Senior Art Director||Cape Town||18 Aug 09:05|