|Remuneration:||R30000 - R50000 per month Cost to company|
Leading fashion e-commerce company based in Cape Town are looking to add a BI engineer to their team.
Reporting to the CBIO, the BI engineer is responsible for the continued development and ongoing management of the business intelligence solutions. Working with colleagues from other technical teams and end users across the business to support new initiatives.
- Liaison between BI developers and the business with regard to project related initiatives.
- Translate business needs into end-user applications by developing a way forward and understanding the impact to the business.
- Owns specific department relationships through expectation management, communication and transparency.
- Provide input on proposing, evaluating and selecting appropriate design alternatives which meet user requirements and are consistent with user's current standards and processes.
- Analyse, validate and communicate the requirements using appropriate documentation and modelling techniques.
- Being a keen advocate of quality and continual improvement
- Ensuring a close working relationship with the BI team to set and maintain the integrity of documented standards and development practices.
- Completing JIRA tickets in a timeous and efficient manner.
- Working with IT architects, technical specialists, third party software vendors and consultants to ensure that the organisation becomes a leader in business intelligence.
- Managing the maintenance and the integrity of the BI environment by managing the data set, the types of queries that need to be run, and structure the data tables to optimise system performance.
- Assist unit lead or managers to identify innovative projects, in line with business strategy, that will positively impact the growth of the business. These should take into account Superbalist strategy, customer experience, accuracy and innovation.
- The company has a fast paced environment and the individual should be comfortable with changes made to specifications and requirements.
- Undergraduate degree or higher.
- Minimum two years' experience in QlikView development and design.
- Strong knowledge and application of QlikView.
- Two years' + SQL experience.
- Highly developed analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ideally previous experience within the retail industry, e-commerce.
- Training on one or many BI methodologies - advantageous.
Posted on 11 Aug 09:08
Recruit Digital; leading recruitment agency for the Digital, Media, IT & Advertising sectors in South Africa.
Covering both Cape Town and JHB roles, Recruit Digital provides staff for Media firms, Digital Agencies, Corporates, Startups, E-commerce retailers, and all other Internet related businesses.
Recruit Digital fills vacancies within Client Services, Creative & Design, Development & Technology, Sales, Copy-writing, Social Media, SEO, Planning & Strategy, Marketing, Senior Management & Executive positions.
|Recent jobs by Recruit Digital||City||Date posted|
|Web Designer||Cape Town||18 Aug 10:05|
|Digital Designer||Johannesburg||18 Aug 10:00|
|Junior Digital Designer||Johannesburg||18 Aug 09:58|
|Middle-Weight Digital Designer||Johannesburg||18 Aug 09:56|
|Digital Designer||Cape Town||18 Aug 09:15|
|Senior UI Designer||Cape Town||18 Aug 09:14|
|Digital Campaign Designer||Cape Town||18 Aug 09:13|
|UI Designer||Cape Town||18 Aug 09:08|
|Senior Digital Designer||Cape Town||18 Aug 09:07|
|Senior Art Director||Cape Town||18 Aug 09:05|
Get job alerts for Business Intelligence Specialist jobs
- Intermediate BI Developer - Qlikview, Cape Town, Durbanville, Talent Magnet | Digital Recruitment
- Senior BI Developer, Cape Town, Plumstead, Recruit Digital
- Business Intelligence Analyst, Cape Town, Datafin
- BI Developer, Cape Town, Datafin
- Junior BI Developer, Cape Town, Southern Suburbs, Home Choice
- Junior BI Developer, Cape Town, Century City, West Coast Personnel
- Business Intelligence Developer, Cape Town, e-Merge IT Recruitment