|Remuneration:||negotiable Basic plus commission|
|Location:||Cape Town, Constantia|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
The marketing and events coordinator shall ensure the smooth and effective coordination of the Group’s marketing activities and events and shall take care of day-to-day management of a busy Cape Town-based team. The marketing and events coordinator will also from time to time be required to attend corporate events, engage with clients and other tasks as required by the board. The marketing and events coordinator reports to a director of the board.
Role and responsibilities:
- Managing the flow and status of projects and teams - being supremely organised
- Working in close cooperation with marketing and finance, to keep all projects on track, looking at time, tasking and budget to manage project lists, set priorities, get teams aligned
- Guarding and guiding the planning for the team
- Coordinate calendars and meetings, including meet and greet at events
- Outgoing, bubbly personality to represent our brand during PR and networking
- Support in client management
- Proactive - work well within a team and independently
- Ability to multitask and communicate well with people
- Marketing & communication knowledge and experience in a fast paced environment
- Prioritising based on tactical and strategic decisions
- Analytical - able to oversee all jobs within team and think ahead
- Strong aptitude for general administration - high attention to detail
- Digital knowledge: social media strategies, Wordpress, MailChimp, SurveyMonkey
- Customer centric and commercially astute
- Good oral and written communication, organisational skills and personal presentation
- The ability to communicate effectively in English
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet and PowerPoint
- Tertiary Education: Marketing and Communications qualification
- English and another vernacular
- Own vehicle and driver’s license (not negotiable)
- Three to four years' work experience, preferably within event management
- The job will have a basic salary in line with the responsibilities and authority of the position
- A comprehensive bonus structure to ensure KPIs aligned with the desired outcomes of the position
When submitting your application (NB):
Please indicate your salary expectation and notice period.
Please use “Marketing and Events Coordinator – Application” and your name as the reference in the subject line.
Applications without this info will not be shortlisted.
No brokers or agents please.
Posted on 11 Aug 09:26
Apply by email
Or apply with your Biz CV
Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.
See also: Coordinator, Marketing Coordinator, Project Coordinator, Events Manager, Promotions Coordinator, Sales Coordinator