Head of Marketing - Financial
|Remuneration:||negotiable Cost to company|
|Company:||Viv Gordon Placements|
Previously disadvantaged candidates will be given preference.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a senior marketing specialist to take on the exciting role of head of marketing at a leading financial institution’s Cape Town office. We’re looking for someone exceptional who has previous financial services experience. This is a stunning position that calls for you to lead and direct the development and implementation of a marketing strategy. In doing so you will define and position the brand’s value proposition in a differentiated and relevant manner across personal, commercial and specialist business markets to create measurable long-term brand value in support of the business objective of market growth. Don’t miss this one!
- Lead and direct the development of a marketing strategy.
- Draw insights from research and competitor positioning in order to strategically define the brand’s value proposition and aligning with the brand positioning with the objective of ensuring sustainable differentiation and relevance in the market.
- Through research ensure that there is a deep understanding of all the market segments and channels from an intermediary and end-client perspective.
- Develop and implement the marketing strategy with a specific focus on customer segments and channels, taking into account existing and new segments/channels.
- Develop a strategy and implementable approach to drive client centricity across the business and improve the overall client experience.
- Develop customer value propositions for each business, customer segment and channel.
- Develop and implement integrated marketing campaigns incorporating all elements of the marketing mix – advertising, digital marketing, events, sponsorships, and communications.
- Work very closely with the commercial, personal and specialist business teams; enabling them to meet their commercial objectives by providing them with appropriate marketing solutions.
- Develop and implement an intermediary marketing strategy to strengthen the brand position and drive sales as well as profitability.
- Work closely with the product, underwriting and claims teams to develop marketing campaigns.
- Lead and direct the activation of the marketing strategy to intermediaries and consumers (existing policy holders and prospective clients).
- Ensure that the marketing activities are correctly positioned to target audiences across personal, commercial, and specialist business markets through a combination of above-the-line and below-the-line channels, thereby ensuring a strong sales and retention platform for marketing campaigns.
- Obtain understanding and buy-in from internal stakeholders and influence, advise and assist business support functions and strategic project owners to translate the marketing strategy into their respective strategies and rollout plans.
- Put best practice governance policies, processes and measures in place to optimise delivery, ensure consistency and manage reputational risks.
- Manage marketing accountabilities for certain legislative requirements specifically impacting the way we engage with our customers, i.e. TCF, RDR, and PPI.
- Responsible for finance (budget) and risk management, including the management and clearing of any audit items.
- Develop and implement a systemic approach to monitoring and tracking marketing performance, ROI and also recommend and activate strategies to address gaps and respond to competitor strategies.
- Direct and manage the marketing team’s performance (KPIs) and enable their development plans to ensure that both personal and business objectives are being met.
- Drive the company values and promote a positive team culture.
- Enhance relationships with key stakeholders across multiple business support functions and agency partners to align and optimise delivery.
- Work closely with the head of brand to manage strategic relationships with external suppliers, i.e. creative agency, media partners, media agency, and other suppliers; and build and maintain relationships with the group marketing heads.
The successful candidate must have/be:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in the marketing field. Preferably honours degree or MBA.
- At least 10 years’ experience in a marketing and communications environment, within the financial services industry.
- Specific practical experience in marketing strategy development, activation and cross-functional marketing management.
- Managerial skills and experience (at a senior management level) with a proven track record of delivery.
- Sound analytical and strategic skills to facilitate the development of multi-faceted and integrated business solutions.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills, with the ability to work as part of a multi-functional team.
- Ability to sell plans and create a shared vision across diverse stakeholders.
- Strong bias towards delivery through an integrated marketing approach.
- In-depth knowledge of marketing principles and practical skills in this field.
- Thorough knowledge of the advertising and media industry, above-the-line and below-the-line media platforms, and public relations.
- A good understanding of digital marketing.
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Excellent people skills and the ability to manage change and alignment at multiple levels.
- Creative, innovative, can work independently and under pressure.
- Sound budget management skills.
- Ability to travel regularly (the role will involve regular travelling).
- Driving strategy.
- Leadership skills.
- Decision-making abilities.
- Negotiation skills.
- Able to enable innovation.
- A problem solver.
- Commercial orientation.
- Aligning performance for success.
Company DescriptionViv Gordon Placements (VGP) is a specialist recruitment agency in the advertising, marketing, media, public relations and publishing industries.
Posted on 17 Jul 13:25
Apply by email
Or apply with your Biz CV
Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.
See also: Marketing, Marketing Manager, Marketing Assistant, Marketing Intern, Marketing Exec, Marketing Coordinator, Marketing Specialist, Group Head, Marketing Analyst, Head of Digital