|Location:||Cape Town, Century City|
A leading safari company is looking for a systems manager. This role is to evaluate and project manage the delivery of an optimized systems architecture used by the business for travel management. The existing software and online systems are a variety of server-based programs and cloud-based applications (property system, reservations system, CRM).
The successful candidate will be working closely with the systems developer and also be responsible for leadership/management of the team.
Responsibilities and duties
Systems, leadership/management, general
- Co-define and project-manage the creation of an integrated online booking and reservation system
- Manage the maintenance and efficient running of travel management systems (property management system and safari quoting system - existing and new user access, rights and passwords, budget and accurate record keeping of expenses, updates on system upgrades, improvements, changes)
- Create an optimised system environment, minimising number of systems used, manual input requirements, reduce system malfunctioning risk, etc.
- Manage the back-end integrity of travel management systems (property management system and safari quoting system)
- Manage the data capturing process in travel management systems (property management system and safari quoting system) including (load rates, terms and conditions and information of both products and third-party supplier products in systems
- Management duties: Handle leave requests for staff (systems team), mentorship, leadership, assist in recruitment process, if required
- General duties: Attending trainings, provide proactive support to colleagues in peak leave times
- Travel industry experience
- Developer skills
- Project management skills (developing systems)
- Experience with travel booking systems
- Problem-solving and creative mindset
- Team player and able to guide teams from different backgrounds
- Responsible, go-to person, proactive, can-do attitude
- Ability to organise, motivate, and encourage a team
- Sharp commercial awareness and ability to find commercial solutions to problems
- Ability to take on board and disseminate constructive feedback from external and internal sources
- Strong administration and organisational skills with great attention to detail
- A service delivery mind set and a strong customer service focus
- Experience of delivering results in a performance oriented and fast paced sales environment
- Experience in and willingness to handle issues outside of office hours when required
- Your salary expectations
- Cover letter in which you state you have the necessary experience and skills
Posted on 12 Oct 12:33
Apply by email
Or apply with your Biz CV
Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.
See also: Administrator, Systems Analysts, Database Administrator, IT Administrator, Office Administrator, Systems Administrator, Financial Administrator, Network Administrator, Payroll Administrator