Social Media Manager
|Location:||Cape Town, Techno Park, Stellenbosch|
|Company:||Liquorice Digitas LBi|
Are you a digital native who tweets and uses Facebook every day? Is creating beautiful content and building communities in your DNA? Do you take pride in customer service excellence? We seek an experienced and motivated team player with a passion for social media strategy, creative content creation and community management.
Liquorice is a dynamic, forward thinking and motivated employer not bound by red tape. Our clients are some of the biggest brands in South Africa and abroad, and our work is known to be award winning, pioneering and cutting edge.
Clients approach Liquorice when they need the best mix of technical expertise, solid creative and design to help them achieve business objectives in a competitive marketplace.
The social media manager is the custodian for clients’ branded social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and more), and will take complete ownership of the social media product for a portfolio of brands.
Social media strategy 20%
- Assist with research, creation, conception, and presentation of social media strategy and integrated marketing campaigns
- Interpret and roll-out strategy and creative concepts
- Communicate and coordinate with client service, production and strategy teams to ensure that social media strategy supports overall brand objectives
- Conceptualise and write monthly content plans across social media platforms in line with social strategy, consumer insights and brand tone of voice
- Develop fresh creative ideas in line with social media and content trends
- Devise agile tactical executions based on breaking news and trending topics
- Attend brand events and create real time social media posts as and when required
- Publish daily content posts in accordance with monthly plans
- Review user comments and posts in a quick and timely manner
- Respond to comments in order to foster a positive community and add value to the customer experience
- Escalate complaints, queries and concerns to relevant stakeholders
- Listening and reporting: turn conversations and customer feedback into actionable insights and client-facing reports
- Degree or diploma in journalism, communications or English, or a PR or corporate communications certificate
- Two years' active community management on behalf of brands
- Two years' online copywriting or social media writing experience
- Excellent understanding of the social media marketing and related disciplines including content strategy, online video and influencer engagement
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Healthy personal social media presence
- Technical understanding of social networks’ design and functionality specs
- Highly skilled in Microsoft Office, particularly PowerPoint
- Proficiency and experience in social scheduling and listening tools
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Exceptional communication skills, accuracy and attention to detail
- Positive attitude, solid people skills and a team player approach
- A passion for constant learning and improvement, and a willingness to mentor and share skills with the rest of the team
- Can establish rapport with client service, production, designers, developers and suppliers
- Proactive, with strong initiative
- Flexibility and willingness to work beyond 9am-5pm when duty calls
- Great time management skills and an ability to multitask
- Experience with brands on agency or client side in the retail, FMCG, alcohol and automotive sectors.
- Written understanding of African languages.
- Any through the line experience from strategy to implementation.
- Be a Unicorn
- Be awesome
- Work hard, play hard
- Leading digital agency in Africa with a global footprint
- Award-winning agency
- Exposure to established long standing global partnerships
- Be part of a global digital network
- Friyays - celebrate a fabulous week with your colleagues in our office or outside
- Birthday celebrations
- Weekly inspiration sessions
- Fantastic company events from company runs to delicious brownies!
We can't wait to receive your application! If you are interested in joining the Liquorice family please send us your three-page CV to with SMM in the subject line. Please do not send any additional documentation.
Please note we reserve the right to freeze or not hire in the role.
Should you not receive a response from us within three weeks of your application, unfortunately, your application has been unsuccessful but please do not hesitate to try again in the future.
Company DescriptionLiquorice is one of Africa’s leading digital marketing agencies specialising in a range of services from web, mobile, social media, CRM, content creation and search engine marketing.
Posted on 17 Jul 11:07
Apply by email
Or apply with your Biz CV
Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.
See also: Manager, Store Manager, Account Manager, Project Manager, Assistant Manager, Campaign Manager, Marketing Manager, Digital Account Manager, Sales Manager, Operations Manager
Get job alerts for Social Media Manager jobs
- Social Media Manager, Cape Town, Tokai, Recruit Digital
- Social Media/Community Manager, Strand
- Social Media Campaign Manager, Cape Town, Century City, Canal Walk, Mark1
- Social Media Content/Community Manager, Cape Town, Gardens
- Paid Media Specialist, Cape Town, Pro Found
- Intermediate C# Developer, Cape Town, e-Merge IT Recruitment
- Java Developer (Intermediate), Cape Town, ASC Group
- Intermediate Web Developer, Cape Town, Century City, DigiOutsource