Get your entry in for uShaka Marine World's Chess Carnival 2017
uShaka Marine World, because it's the coolest place to be, will be hosting their first Chess Carnival on Saturday, 16 September, sponsored by the KZN Chess Academy and the Umhlanga Chess Club. The event is open to a maximum of 40 entrants where there will be 15/15 minute double matches on a six-round Swiss format. Entry is first-come, first-served.
"Did you say 'prawn' or 'pawn'?" questions Nemo, the African penguin, as he looks on with interest at the chess game between Farrell van den Heever and Ndumiso Miya.
All entrants must adhere to the dress code which is strictly black and white and registration will take place at 9am – 9:30am on the day.
The event will be filled with further unlimited fun, featuring face painting, a fancy dress competition (only for those in black and white attire) for which a prize will be awarded, piece juggling, stilt walkers, dance offs, photo opportunities, uShaka Marine World mascot entertainment, free themed games, chess tower building, and the chance to mould a chess piece. Entry is free so get down to uShaka Marine Worlds Village Walk and get playing the coolest game in the entire world.
Schedule of the day
- Registration: 9am – 9:30am
- Welcome and opening presentation: 9:45am
- Round 1 doubles tournament: 10am – 10:30am – Did you know contest
- Round 2: 10:45am – 11:15am –Tower Build contest
- Round 3: 11:30am – 12 noon – Hook the piece contest
- Round 4: 12:15 – 12:45pm – Challenge the masked master (Lunch)
- Round 5: 13:15 – 13:45pm
- Round 6: 14h00 – 14:30pm
- Puzzle competition – Problem solving and switcheroos
- Prize giving: 15:00pm
uShaka Marine World's press office
- Get your entry in for uShaka Marine World's Chess Carnival 2017 13 Sep 2017
- Get Wet ‘n Wild with the Electro Wave Dance Experience! 12 Sep 2017
- uShaka Marine World celebrates KZN Top Business Awards 2017 16 Aug 2017
- Gagasi FM opens its satellite station at uShaka 27 Jul 2017
- uShaka provided laughter - the best medicine on Mandela Day! 20 Jul 2017