SA's top marketing minds at the Cape Town IMC Conference
Twelve keynote presentations, two heated panel discussions, plenty of networking platforms and learning content all packed into one exhilarating day at the White Space in Salt River, Cape Town.
- Justin Spratt, Head of Business, Sub-Saharan Africa, Uber
- Abey Mokgwatsane, Chief Executive Officer, Ogilvy South Africa
- Brett St Clair, Digital Disruptor, ABSA
- Fran Luckin, Chief Creative Officer, Grey South Africa
- Valter Adão, Lead Director/Partner, Deloitte Digital Africa
- Matthew Barclay, Area Director for Africa, Meltwater
Justin will give the audience a look at global technology trends that will be sharing the future of Africa. From AI and Machine Learing through to Augmented, Virtual and Mixed realty, the future will reveal many opportunities for those willing to act fast and deal with change.
Valter's keynote presentation will address the driving forces behind these disruptions, and why, by no coincidence, we are all of sudden experiencing a proliferation of disruptive technologies and startups. He will dive into the essence of digital disruptors and why it is important to pay attention to the impact they are having on existing businesses. He explains that digital disruptors go beyond smart phones and apps. True disruptors in the digital era include technologies such as 3D printing, IoT, artificial intelligence, wearables, robotics, sensors and many more.
Fran will present on things she learnt the hard way trying to make integration work in an ad agency. The kind of creative work they did when she started in advertising was drastically different to the kind of work ad agencies do now.
According to Fran “It’s fair to say the job I do now didn’t exist when I was at University. The digital revolution and concomitant rise of Integrated Marketing Communication left adland reeling. I’ve seen all the mistakes – and made too many of them myself. I can’t promise I have the answers. But I do have some awesome scars.”
“Big Data”, it’s a buzzword that’s been beaten into submission by marketers, statisticians and data-scientists for years. The reality is that we’re only now beginning to scratch the surface of how to effectively translate the manifold layers of certain data-sets into relevant and actionable insights.
More speaker announcements and topics to follow.
IMC Conference's press office
- Creative, tech and insights at the IMC Conference 19 May 2017
- SA's top marketing minds at the Cape Town IMC Conference 14 Mar 2017
- New business for you - the "hello" that matters 22 Jun 2016
- The JHB edition of the IMC Conference leaves industry buzzing 13 Nov 2015
- The most innovative IMC trends presented by industry thought-leaders 28 Oct 2015
Read more: Abey Mokgwatsane, Deloitte, Grey South Africa, Ogilvy South Africa, Brett St Clair, Fran Luckin, Justin Spratt, IMC Conference, IMC Conference, Living Your Brand, Uber, Matthew Barclay