Garon hits the ground running with awards
Young Propeller Films director Garon Campbell has had an inspiring few weeks!
No sooner had Garon celebrated that award when another message arrived to inform him that his fourth year commercial for Ster Kinekor "Vision Mission" had been shortlisted for a Young Directors Award (YDA) at the Cannes Lions Festival. The commercial was co-directed by Garon Campbell and Danielle Erasmus.
Garon and Danielle happened to be on a short trip to Europe and upon hearing the good news they visited the Cannes Festival. They sent the following message to their cast and crew:
"Congratulations guys. That advert has now cracked the nod from some advertising heavyweights. Tell that to your parents who wanted you to be lawyers, accountants and mud wrestlers (oh forgive my tourette's syndrome). I meant to say software analysts."
Three months after signing with Propeller, Garon has already been busy shooting a series of viral commercials for a Builders Warehouse campaign followed by a street basketball commercial for Coca Cola West Africa.
Posted on 29 Jun 2011 12:41
Propeller Films' press office
- It's child's play for performance director Catharine Cooke 27 Jul 2015
- Latest work from Sergio Henriques - Propeller Films 11 Jun 2015
- Tebs Mosothoane joins Propeller Films 26 Feb 2015
- Director Paulo Henriques Nitrocharges for Adidas 2 Oct 2013
- Bugsy rocks for KidneyBeanz kids 26 Sep 2013