Investec content linked to Keith Rose commercial inspires
To build the backstory of the latest Investec commercial titled “ProMaths”, writer director Yolande Botha from The Brave Cartel was commissioned to head the team that created the piece of branded content that runs alongside it online.
The 2:36 min content piece titled “An out of the ordinary initiative” introduces us to the inspiring, passionate people behind the ProMaths programme that Investec spearheads and it tells more of Lindiwe Zondo’s story – the young woman who features in the TV commercial. Despite growing up in poverty, through the ProMaths programme she excelled in Maths and Science and is now an engineer in mining.
Shot in Sandton, Soweto, Joburg CBD and a mining village near Rustenburg, the production was managed by Velocity producer Grant Risseeuw.
In dealing with the important issue of education in South Africa Botha says: “Interviewing people who are actively doing something that betters the future of our country is incredibly humbling. No job is as rewarding as creating content that promotes the uplifting work of amazing people.”
The Brave Cartel's press office
- Yolande Botha directs Shortstraw's latest music video 17 Jul 2017
- Rob van Vuuren stars in The Brave Cartel's content for Hellmann's 6 Feb 2017
- Investec content linked to Keith Rose commercial inspires 29 Apr 2016
- SAFTA nominations for The Brave Cartel short film 18 Feb 2016
- Dark fantasy short impresses at 48 Hour Film Project 16 Nov 2015