Vivendi sponsors Lions Entertainment, as programme is announced
Vivendi is to be the main sponsor of Lions Entertainment, part of the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity.
Louise Benson, festival director of Lions Entertainment, said, “Lions Entertainment is playing a vital role in bridging the relationship between brands and the entertainment industry. It is the event where attendees will discover how entertainment is funded, distributed and consumed in today’s world – and the role entertainment talent can play. We are delighted to partner with Vivendi to provide this year’s delegates with a world class content programme.”
Lucien Boyer, chief marketing officer of Vivendi, will make a keynote speech on how brands can collaborate in the creative process from an early stage, and explain the new opportunities for multiplatform storytelling; together with Sir William Sargent, CEO and co-founder of Framestore, who will talk about his company’s partnership with Studiocanal on the successful feature film Paddington.
Boyer said, “Content and entertainment marketing has become a strategically important way for brands to reconnect with consumers through storytelling and engaging experiences. This is why Vivendi has renewed its partnership with Lions Entertainment for a second year - to showcase how content and talent can provide impactful solutions and insights to marketers, reaching out to a global audience.”
The specialist, two-day event dedicated to the future of the entertainment industry, on 21-22 June 2017, will feature input from major industry players. The global music company will also be represented on stage, with stars including, Ellie Goulding, Nick Jonas and Lang Lang.
Dailymotion will unveil its new platform and user experience, focused on premium content, at this year’s Cannes Lions and a press conference will be led by Maxime Saada, chairman and CEO of Dailymotion and also CEO of Canal+ Group.
The full Lions Entertainment programme is announced. Session highlights include:
- ‘How can a brand become a respected entertainment producer?’ Karin Timpone, global marketing officer at Marriott International, will lead a discussion on how musical partnerships can bolster customer loyalty.
- ‘Will a brand ever win a Bafta?’ Bafta award-winning director, Daniel Mulloy will share why he used the medium of film to engage and move an audience (with an exclusive screening of 'Home', the Bafta award-winning short film on the refugee crisis).
- ‘How can tech and entertainment re-invent old consumption models?’ Chris Tung, chief marketing officer at Alibaba, will talk about how they seamlessly intertwined technology and entertainment to create a worldwide cultural phenomenon and the potential this offers for other brands.
- ‘Can you build a brand using content?’ Mattel's chief content officer, Catherine Balsam-Schwaber, will explain why the custodians of Barbie have always believed in the power of content to build brands.
- ‘What is the untapped potential of music and brand partnerships?’ Big Machine Label Group's Scott Borchetta will explain how today’s hottest artists are collaborating with big brands to build equity.
Read more: advertising, marketing, sponsorship, Cannes Lions, events, Vivendi, Lucien Boyer, Louise Benson